[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4739: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4743: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Backrezepte-Online • Thema anzeigen - Seeking Zwiebelkuchen Recipe

Backrezepte-Online

Eine Datenbank rund um's Backen
Aktuelle Zeit: Montag 18 Oktober 2021 00:12

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Seeking Zwiebelkuchen Recipe
BeitragVerfasst: Freitag 10 November 2006 20:31 
Stift

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: Freitag 10 November 2006 21:09 
Geselle

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: Freitag 10 November 2006 22:03 
Obermeister

(Träger der goldenen Gründernadel 2005)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: Freitag 10 November 2006 23:26 
Hi Jody,
I have an onion pie recipe from the southern part of Germany ( well south of Mannheim) which you will find .

I can translate it into cups and spoons if that is what you call "English" measurements.
You are probably aware that the English measurements and the American measurements are different?
An english cup is 250ml, an American is 236.588238 ml.
A English tablespoon is 14.206milliliter, a American tablespoon is 14.786milliliter and a German metric one is just 15ml.
So maybe you want it converted into American measurements rather than English?

So this why we use grams. They are the same everywhere.
A nice discussion can be read

My recipe doesn't have quark in it, but I am sure I can find one for you.
Where is the quark going? Into the dough or into the filling?

If it is a dough made with quark and oil then you could try . However I would not call this a "real" Zwiebelkuchen as the dough is invarably made with yeast if it is to taste good. But then i am biased as I really do not like doughs with baking powder.

Let us know which one you would like to have translated into cups and spoons and fluid ounces :P

Betreff des Beitrags: Danke Shoen all for the responses!
BeitragVerfasst: Montag 13 November 2006 19:08 
Stift

Thank you very much for all the references. I was looking for measurements in American (cups/spoons)--sorry that I didn't make that clear. Also, the recipe I remember used quark in the filling.

I experimented a bit this weekend, with much success. Although, I'm sure it is not entirely "authentic"--I'm working from memory! Here is my recipe (in American measurements/cups and spoons):

"Mannheimer" Zwiebelkuchen

1 recipe pate brisee (pie crust) I used the recipe at

Filling:

1/2 c. whole milk
1/2 c. creme fraiche or quark (German yogurt/creme cheese)
3 medium eggs
1 tsp. caraway seeds
2 medium onions, chopped fairly fine
3 TBSP butter
salt and pepper to taste

Heat butter on medium heat in skillet. Add onions, salt, pepper, and caraway seeds. Saute the onions until soft and golden. Set aside to cool a bit.

Beat eggs; add milk and creme fraiche and mix until well blended.

Place pie crust in 8 inch pie pan. Put filling in, and then sprinkle onions all over the top. Some will sink to the bottom.

Bake at 375 degrees F for about 25 minutes. Then, turn oven to 350 degrees F and bake on convection for another 10-15 minutes. Let the kuchen cool a bit before slicing.

*1/8 c. finely chopped "Speck" or pork fat back can be added as an option. Add this when you add the onions before baking.

Serve with buttered new potatoes and a nice Pfalz reisling.

*To make this "Pflammkuchen" (pizza) style, I doubled the pie crust recipe (but not the filling recipe) and used a 12 X 16 metal cake pan. The baking time is decreased a bit. This makes a very large pizza.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: Mittwoch 15 November 2006 15:38 
Meister

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: Donnerstag 16 November 2006 15:20 
Nullfünferin

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]